Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shortened names

Options
  • 05-03-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Have any of you ever come accross the name Mirrie? What would be the most likely name that it has been shortened from would you think? Miriam... Mary?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Never came across that. Several names could fit. How about Mirrabelle, Miriam, Mercy although some pet names are completely different to the original name, such as Margaret/Peggy. I assume you know that it is a woman then?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Elizabetha

Hi jellybaby1, yes its a girl. I did find another Mirrie, she's on the 1901 census, too young to be my lady though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Elizabetha wrote: »
    Hi jellybaby1, yes its a girl. I did find another Mirrie, she's on the 1901 census, too young to be my lady though.
    Follow her to 1911 and you will find her as Miriam.

Advertisement