Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being meaned

Options
  • 05-03-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Today I got meaned €42, I'm a casual worker but I didn't work last week to be meaned, I am wondering why I have being meaned this amount

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You were not meaned. You were means assessed. What youi can do is ask the Social Welfare office to put you on the X and O form. This is designed for part-time & casual workers like yourself. You fill up a form every week wit an X for a day worked and O for a day off. You submit this to Welfare each week. The means test for this scheme just a bit easier. More info here - www.welfare.ie. The damn site is down for me at the mo:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

Any chance you worked on the Sunday as it is now a day of employment?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Davy1719

I'm on X's and O's and I didn't work Sunday but still got meaned

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Go in and ask them why you were means assessed (not meaned, no such word) for last week. Could be just a mistake.

Advertisement