Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

had enough

Options
  • 05-03-2013 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

well was off it few weeks and didnt go as much but sunday morning out for whole day. kicking myself i felt as if i desreved to go out as i stayed in so much but it was just building up to a piss up now i realise that i have to stop altogeter. got in fight in pub gaurds called taken home as if that wasnt bad enough big fight will herself. i hope i be able to do it spent the last ten years acting the clown. any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Find something else to celebrate staying off the booze for a few weeks. Buy something nice rather than pissing the money you saved against a wall.
    I know where you're coming from - I was off it a month last year and celebrated my achievement by going on the tear for the following eight months - not too bright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

I know where you're coming from - I was off it a month last year and celebrated my achievement by going on the tear for the following eight months - not too bright.

Yeah been there.
    When you start to notice the pattern that you're celebrating periods of downtime with epic benders, and each time you go back is heavier and more reckless than the last, then you know the game is up and its time to quit permanently.
    Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I think you have to be convinced of the fact that drinking is never going to be good again. The days when you could get away with it and still kick on, the fun aspect goes and it doesn't come back. Last few years of my drinking were like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sean86

ya i no wat you mean i think i have come to that crossroads now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Wattle wrote: »
    I think you have to be convinced of the fact that drinking is never going to be good again. The days when you could get away with it and still kick on, the fun aspect goes and it doesn't come back. Last few years of my drinking were like that.

Do you think that this happens with age?

I have noticed that the fun factor of drinking is gone and its just kind of a 'release' now. Most of my friends have said something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Do you think that this happens with age?

I have noticed that the fun factor of drinking is gone and its just kind of a 'release' now. Most of my friends have said something similar.

I think so yeah. When you get to around 30 that kind of stuff becomes a little bit desperate. Your body and mind can't deal with the three day hangovers, your mates start settling down and having kids. The gang breaks up and people move on. If you are left with internal problems and try to mask them with drinking it only gets worse over time. Yes it will take you away from reality for a few hours but ultimately it just makes things worse and some people begin to spiral. I know people who are daily drinkers and there's no joy in it just a kind of grim necessity.

Advertisement