Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No job, on dole, depressed...

Options
  • 05-03-2013 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Yes, my title says it all... At the moment I am just so down... I finished college after four years there last June and since then I have begun getting even more and more depressed. I have worked since I was 15 so I'm not lazy, just the worst thing is is that I left my last job on my own accord. I worked there for 2 years and I literally hated it, I would actually cry when I worked there because its a place where people treated you like ****... I'm feeling that down and **** about myself that I actually would consider going back! Just so I could feel usefull, like I'm worth something to somebody. Its just so hard to find a job and people thinking aw your just too lazy to look for a job...

I think I'm depressed....and i'm ruining a wonderful relationship with my boyfriend... He's been having a bad time at the moment with his family and I sometimes think its better to end it with him, he has to take care of his family, he doesnt need another person to take care of... Some days i'm fine and then some days all I think about it is no job, no money, no friends, no social life........ ****, worthless me, all negativity.. and I take it out on my boyfriend then. I think he'd be much happier without me, even though I know he loves me to bits. Do other people think this way or is it just me? I just cant think of anything positive... Like if someone I know gets a job, I just get so annoyed and think why them? Am I that **** that nobody would hire me?? What does everybody else think? Just here for some answers because I cant talk to anyone about this...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Are you looking for advice on getting a job or breaking up with your bf?

Either way I think you need to change your mindset. If you're not working then start doing something so you're not sitting around. Take up jogging or walking to clear your head for a start. Then look into local clubs or do volunteer work to build a bit of a social life.

Get your CV re-written, start applying for jobs again and get on linked in to try and build professional relationships.

Advertisement