Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The permabanning of Fulton Crown

Options
  • 05-03-2013 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭

I have noticed that the user Fulton Crown has recently been permanently banned from Boards.ie for being a rereg of the currently-banned user FlutterinBantam. A glance over this thread in the Prison forum has revealed that this is apparently not the case which is seemingly accepted by the admins, since they offer no contrary evidence to accompany their accusation. Great. Case closed.

Except... the admins suddenly ask him to explain his behaviour and refuse to lift his siteban despite the fact that it was an incorrect decision in the first place because of an extremely spotty ban history. I would call that a miscarriage of justice.

Honestly, I'm no fan of the guy. It doesn't make a real difference to me if this user in particular was sitebanned or not. However, I don't agree that you should uphold a ban on a user when it's been highlighted that the original ban was based on a falsehood. He should've been banned for being a nuisance poster in the first place if he really was so bad, rather than this trumped up charge and maintaining his botched siteban.

Before anyone says "I think he knows where the DRP forum is" or whatever, beat it. I'm not appealing his ban for him, I'm giving Feedback. Like I said, I don't like the guy's opinions or posting style. But I also don't like it when people aren't willing to admit to their mistakes. The mistake(s) in this case were banning an innocent Fulton Crown for being a rereg of FlutterinBantam and not lifting the ban after the truth emerged.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Em yes.

I dot know if my word is meant for anything.

But I can say that the two, although very alike in style and in prose are two different people.

I don't want to have to go into too much detail.

But u definitely have a case of mistaken identities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Again?!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Not really Feedback, tbh.

I'm not sure why you get them impression there is just *one* reason for the ban, but that's completely beside the point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement