Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLIGO CHEMISTS

Options
  • 05-03-2013 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Not too sure if this is the right thread for this, but here goes anyway, so I went in to my local chemist and handed in my prescription to get filled, the staff member who took my prescription is not a Pharmacistbut filled my script and handed me my meds, I am wondering did this ever happen to anybody else? surely all prescriptions have got to be dispenced by a trained Pharmacist??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

A lot of pharmacys have locums working for them from day to day to help with cover. These would be trained but help with general shop work too.

Also AFAIK all pharmacys do a double check of meds before handing them to the customer so even if it was an unlicenced person picking the stock from the shelves (who presumably would know their way around the shelves), the order is double checked by someone in the know before being given out.

Of course if it was some teenybopper on work experience you got and she went straight from the shelf to yourself, I'd be nervous taking those meds for fear of contracting elephantitis of the nuts or ape like hair growth from various orifices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

The dispensary area tends to be screened off, the pharmacist may have been in there without you realising. Did you actually see the person prepare it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Pharmacist is female and the 18yr old that served me is not a pharmacist, it’s that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement