Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

door slamming in appartments

Options
  • 04-03-2013 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭

its a fire door you retard, the door practically closes itself :mad:

you could just stand inside the door when you get in hold it out all the way and let it go, and the door would actually close making less noise than whatever way some people do it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Fannyhead

Buy a house. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

live in a shed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Stab your ear drums with a knitting needle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

I live in a house, but I still go into apartment blocks and slam doors. Late at night. And hotels. Has me worn out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

The internet has promoted this passive aggressive shíte.
    Why complain here, go and say it to the offenders, otherwise nothing is going to change. It might not change if you say it to them either but sure it's worth a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Fannyhead wrote: »
    Buy a house. :rolleyes:

when I lived in one they were nearly as bad, thank **** there was thick walls though. but here now my apartment door is about 1 metre a across from the one that does it, why cant they close the door like the rest of us in the corridor ffs :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Third world problem

I dunno how your holding up. I really dont

sfwcork wrote: »
    Third world problem

I dunno how your holding up. I really dont

*whispers* its first world..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭amacca

IM0 wrote: »
    its a fire door you retard, the door practically closes itself :mad:

you could just stand inside the door when you get in hold it out all the way and let it go, and the door would actually close making less noise than whatever way some people do it.

those inconsiderate mentally deficient door slamming sons of whore bustards!

I hope they die by being boiled in a stew of their own urine and faeces for what they have done to you

really...no punishment is unthinkable for them at this stage

a pox on them...a pox on them i say!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

Impact explosive on the door, let them go out with a bang.

• Advertisement

thinly veiled I have an apartment...

oh wait its my thead.. :rolleyes:

Dwork wrote: »
    I live in a house, but I still go into apartment blocks and slam doors. Late at night. And hotels. Has me worn out.

ah your the post man arent you :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Doors that aren't properly closed, and start banging off it's own frame trying to close itself, are TWICE as annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Dude, buy some cheap pipe insulation foam from Woodies or somewhere and stick it to the door edges.

Dude, buy some cheap pipe insulation foam from Woodies or somewhere and stick it to the door edges.

hmm ok now we are getting somewhere, I take it you have a plan to get their keys then too?

IM0 wrote: »
    hmm ok now we are getting somewhere, I take it you have a plan to get their keys then too?

Ahhh so it's an apartment door not a communal corridoor door.

Ok, I don't think you want to know my plan to sort that problem out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

hmm....i have the same problem on my floor & heard it the same time as this thread was started,coincidence? :eek:

Ok feck it.

If it's that annoying and really pissing you off this is what I would do.
    Every day for two weeks (in the middle of the night) smear sh1t all over the guys door....handle and all. He won't have time to clean it before going to work. While he is out at work, piss in a bottle and pour it under his door.

After two weeks of this leave a note that says "Stop slamming your door or this will escalate"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Ahhh so it's an apartment door not a communal corridoor door.

Ok, I don't think you want to know my plan to sort that problem out.

Really though, Its exactly what should be done. OP should talk to the management company about having those strips fitted to peoples doors.

Alternatively hack them all to death in a drug fueled rampage, either/and/or is good by me.

This is very bad advice. Just buy a large tub of grease and paint it all over every door in the place. Much less likly to lead to problems down the road. That foam can have sharp edges and cut someone. Then you would be liable. Safety first.

• Advertisement

Dwork wrote: »
    This is very bad advice. Just buy a large tub of grease and paint it all over every door in the place. Much less likly to lead to problems down the road. That foam can have sharp edges and cut someone. Then you would be liable. Safety first.

Careful....this foam is very sharp and dangerous and commonly used for duelling.

Grease is much safer than this foam....but how is grease going to act as a shock absorber and counter act the slamming noise?

Ok feck it.

Every day for two weeks (in the middle of the night) smear sh1t all over the guys door....handle and all. He won't have time to clean it before going to work. While he is out at work, piss in a bottle and pour it under his door.

After two weeks of this leave a note that says "Stop slamming your door or this will escalate"

OK....this could work...couple of important points I feel need to be made

1) Don't leave any DNA behind
    2) As unpleasant as it may be, try not to use your own urine or sh1t (see one above)
    3) Make sure you are not being recorded
    4) As a precaution..try wear a mask or a hoodie or something which obscures your face + something nondescript
    5) I dont think two weeks will be necessary + don't do it at the same time every day or even everyday - way too predictable which makes you way too easily caught

ps: have fun smearing **** on your neighbours door and pouring urine under it OP! its a rite of passage these days I hear

amacca wrote: »
    OK....this could work...couple of important points I feel need to be made

ps: have fun smearing **** on your neighbours door and pouring urine under it OP! its a rite of passage these days I hear

Wow.....this isn't your first rodeo is it! :)

Wow.....this isn't your first rodeo is it! :)

Truthfully...no

I like to ride all round me............tends to keep them from trying to mount me! :pac::pac:

Careful....this foam is very sharp and dangerous and commonly used for duelling.

Grease is much safer than this foam....but how is grease going to act as a shock absorber and counter act the slamming noise?
    Duuh. Would you slam a door covered in grease? I wouldn't touch it, let alone slam it. Simple really. Though I'm leaning more towards the shit smearing, tbf. It makes so much sense when you see it written out in black and white. Also, poo is cheaper than grease. You could use cow-poo. There's loads of that.

Blow the bloody doors off!

Keep up. if he does that, the poo will get all over the hall carpet.

On 2nd page now. Have we determined which door the banging is coming from or you gonna poop on them all?

If you poop on them all, may I suggest pooping into a leaf blower and letting it rip?

I'm liking the teamwork here!

This might prove to be the most helpful thread ever on AH

• Advertisement

I only told ye..

nah too obvious

Advertisement