Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer course suggestions please

Options
  • 04-03-2013 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Rite lads i decided to do computer science in UCC which was a big mistake im not able to cope with all the in dept programming as im not able!

Does any one have any suggestions as to computer courses that arent as in dept as computer science,iv'e been looking around and im considering
    Information Technology Support BSc in CIT as the doll in the video description describes it as being my ideal course

Any help appreciated dudes :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

information technology is your friend :) small programming here and their but nothing you wont be able to handle
    i myself made same mistake
    swapped to it computers
    much better :) more job oppurtunites as well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ghilliemaster

Thanks a million for that taken a good bit of stress off me where you doing it?

finished it mate
    but i done a plc course in crumlin
    went from their to it tallaght which was great because in 1st year both the IT course and Computer science course are the same modules
    then at the end of 1st year
    you get to decide which one you would like to continue with
    so you get both examples in one year and pick :) went to nci for my 3rd year ( closer to home ) computer their was great but cant say much for the instructors , some were brilliant , some werent bothered but thats everywere i guess

Ok thanks :)
    So in summary it's not as challenging as the computer science (level 8) course I had the same problem with instructors....some try and help the weak ones but others pick the strong ones of the group and only focus on them and give up on the ones who they know are going to fail

Ok thanks :)
    So in summary it's not as challenging as the computer science (level 8) course I had the same problem with instructors....some try and help the weak ones but others pick the strong ones of the group and only focus on them and give up on the ones who they know are going to fail

pretty much
    theirs a high percentage of drop outs come to 3rd year computer
    i myself love IT computing
    thought i would be more into computer programming but i aint great with maths
    you dont have to be a genius but i dont like maths
    in IT their is maths of course but not as much and as difficult as programming
    also theirs loads of work even in this economy in IT computers
    and their will be for the rest of our generation
    programming , i wanted to go into games development but that meant moving where the game industrys were strong, like england france america etc... IT gives you many more options as you can work in a much broader range of fields

• Advertisement

Sweet job :D is there much binary and such ? you would'nt have to be a genius to get all of it? because i was completely lost in the level 8 ucc course :P i suppose you could say i was'nt made out for ucc haha

Advertisement