Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SkyTv Independent Dish Installer

Options
  • 04-03-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    So Sky TV came out today and they couldnt get a signal from my new house, and said i had to find an independent installer because they were not insured to go up on the wall..

does any one know some one in the Waterford area that puts dishes up?

any help would be great.. thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zg3409

This is a list of generally recommended installers that cover Waterford:
    http://www.isaa.tv/features.php?county=waterford

However they seem to be a bit away so may charge more.

You can also find local installers in golden pages etc, but beware some are cowboys.

Try to describe what you want, and try to get a fixed price or maximum price from them over the phone. Also ask is there a guarantee and if so for how long.

It is a good idea to be there on the day, find out exactly where they are going to drill holes and where unsightly cables and dishes are going to be mounted before any work starts. Sometimes it is possible to put a dish on the back of a house, but have a look what the neighbours have done.

As this is a "non standard installation" you would need to pay as it would not be covered under free installation. For one TV it should be less than 200 Euro all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ana_McG wrote: »
    Hi,
    So Sky TV came out today and they couldnt get a signal from my new house, and said i had to find an independent installer because they were not insured to go up on the wall..

does any one know some one in the Waterford area that puts dishes up?

any help would be great.. thanks

PM Sent.

Advertisement