Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding photographer and video

Options
  • 04-03-2013 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

can anyone tell me how much is a good price for a wedding photographer and video, in the clare area.

of can you provide me with a quote ?

date - september.

thanks,
    jo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

good price depends on what you want.

some photographers will photo a wedding for €500, some wont do it for less than €1500.....its your job as the bride/groom to find the wedding photographer whose style you like and who is affordable to your budget.

some wedding photographers are willing to haggle a bit or create a budget wedding package to suit your needs.

one of the most important things with a wedding photographer is to know what you want and how much you want to spend on it - check out the loads of different styles, portfolios, ...have a few meetings with different photographers - mainly because you need to get along with your photographer and need to be able to follow his/her instructions....if you don't like the photographer you won't be relaxed and that will come across in the wedding photos.

TOP TIP FOR GROOMS/BRIDES - smile all the time on the day of your wedding, because someone somewhere is taking a photo of you !

so... a good price is one which you can afford, most couples budget €1500-2500 but it can be done cheaper....oh and sign a contract - ensure there is a contract giving defined times of when you will receive your images and what you are allowed to do with the images, some photographers wont allow you to upload the images to Facebook, flickr etc, while others give you a DVD of images with full rights to use whatever way you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

hi,
    I've seen some as low as €500 that was for video, the average for photography is around €850 or so, but as mentioned it can vary up or down.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

jocotty wrote: »
    Hi,

can anyone tell me how much is a good price for a wedding photographer and video, in the clare area.

All depends from your requirements as most photographers and videographers are willing to work nationwide.
    Rates are between €400 up to €2000 for full day coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

For an all day video cost will be between 1000 and 1500.
    All day photographer will cost you between 750 and 1500

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Don't forget to get it in writing exactly what you want with regards to the digital versions of the photos after the big day. Some people are happy with the prints from the tog, but others will want the digital versions to print at their leisure in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I work as an assistant wedding photographer, I do my own stuff to.

How ever, only peace of advice is there's a lot of saturated self proclaimed photographers who stage an awful lot of work with in how the day goes.
    They wanna do this that and the other thus end up controlling the day.

Its not there job to do that its their job to role with the conditions and meet there job, You should have plenty of time for the day with out spending 3 hours on a bloody photo shoot :rolleyes:.

Granted the arty pictures should take a some time but not 3 hours it just leaves no time to enjoy your day which I think people tend to forget and its something I've noticed at weddings I've attended as a guest.

Honestly Pic a good photographer your day will run smoother. Try not to be influenced bye words look at their work.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Snowie wrote: »

How ever, only peace of advice is there's a lot of saturated self proclaimed photographers who stage an awful lot of work with in how the day goes.

Its not there job to do that its their job to role with the conditions and meet there job, You should have plenty of time for the day with out spending 3 hours on a bloody photo shoot :rolleyes:.

Granted the arty pictures should take a some time but not 3 hours it just leaves no time to enjoy your day which I think people tend to forget and its something I've noticed at weddings I've attended as a guest.

Honestly Pic a good photographer your day will run smoother. Try not to be influenced bye words look at their work.

Any photographer that takes their time setting up images usually does so because they want their client to get the image which they are paying for .... granted 3 hours on a photoshoot is excessive but I'd rather a wedding photographer took 3hours than take a pic with the bride's eyes closed or the groom turning away from camera looking at aunt mary falling over or his mate who is drunk already.

the photographer wants to create the best images for their client, so that their client can tell their family/friends what a great photographer they had and show off the images.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭caol ila

Snowie wrote: »

I have worked as a wedding photographer for the last twelve years here and in the UK. Weddings are always tight with timescales, never have I been offered three hours with a bride and groom like you mention here it just doesn't happen.

Advertisement