Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru Boxer Diesel

Options
  • 04-03-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a bit of feedback on the boxer diesel engine, there is a few posts kicking around here but most are quite old.

Does anyone have one with high miles? Hows it going? Any reported issues ect?
    I have been driving a few of them of late and am looking to pick one up - they seem an impressive motor...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I was driving a high mileage 2 year old one for a few days last month (Legacy). Engine was going like a train, but it was showing signs of wear on the interior.

Did just under 156,000km in just under 2 years. Looking through the service history:
    Service at 16,709km
    Service at 35,000km
    4 tyres at 37,351km
    Service at 53,636km
    Front pads at 68,000km
    4 Tyres at 68,905km
    Service, wipers and 2 anti roll bar bushings ar 69,475km
    Front pads at 96,254km
    Service, Gear Oil & rear pads at 99,791km
    2 tyres at 102,218km
    Service at 121,535km
    Service at 144,130km
    2 Tyres at around 130,000km (both damaged) and needed 4 tyres when it came back at 156,000km.

Seems to be pretty reliable if the service schedule is followed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Flano_mark

Thats a comprehensive reply! Cheers man! Was it a 2010 you were in?

Service schedule is all important - there are some reports of crankshaft issues in pre 2009 engines.

Advertisement