Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending a Zippo by Post ??

Options
  • 03-03-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Im new here, so hi to you all ...

I have a question that some of the "Zippo" people may be able to answer.

I'm a Zippo collector, and over the past few years, I have bought & sold dozens & dozens of lighters ...mostly through eBay, and never had a problem ( other than picking up a few "fakes" now and then) ...

Recently, I went to post one that I had sold to a guy in USA and the postal clerk refused to accept it. She said it was a "Restricted Item" !!

So ... Is this a new rule by An Post or did she assume it was a Gas Lighter ??

and ...

If it is a new rule, how do we avail of the Lifetime Guarantee service, as the repair center ( as far as I know) is in Germany ??

Regards, Patsy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Ask her for a look at the list of Restricted Items.
    I think you might be right in her assumption that it was a gas lighter.

Can you change the discription of the contents of the parcel so that is sounds less...explosive. :o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭seanoge

Wanted to post an iphone to England last week but was refused as it had a batterie in it. Pointed out that you cannot remove the battery but still refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Garp242

Just to update my previous post ..

I emailed An Post's customer service to get some clarity, and this was their reply:

" You can send the item through An Post but we cannot guarantee that the Customs Service in New York will allow the item to enter the Country"

So it would seem that while Gas Lighters & Lighter Fuel are restricted items (understandably !! ), empty or unused petrol lighters are NOT ... until they arrive in America !!

Advertisement