Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with me deck

Options
  • 03-03-2013 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

The deck I have is about 10 years old, it`s nailed together, the problem is that on the floor section, the boards where laid side by side, so the water can`t drain off.

There`s a build up of water/moss and other crap in between the beveled edges of the floor boards.

So my question is other than taking the deck apart (which would be a pain in me role) what options do I have in order to have the water drain through?

Drill holes, try somehow to cut along the bevels?

Any advice would be great, the wife does`nt like a dirty deck....;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

You could try setting a circular saw to the depth of the decking and running a cut between every two lengths, a straight edge screwed along side, will keep the cut straight, if needed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

You could try setting a circular saw to the depth of the decking and running a cut between every two lengths, a straight edge screwed along side, will keep the cut straight, if needed....

What do I do when I get to the edges, it`s a bloody awkward shaped deck...

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi any photos.jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Dril holes between the joists in the gaps of the planks.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

lewis wrote: »

What do I do when I get to the edges, it`s a bloody awkward shaped deck...

Don't worry about cutting all the way to the edge. If you get within a saws distance that will be enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

Just use a router

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Did anyone else misread this.

Boiled-egg wrote: »

Don't worry about cutting all the way to the edge. If you get within a saws distance that will be enough.

I think I might do that it`s not worth putting to much effert into it, if it was only screwed down I`d take me deck up and trim it, but the knob who put me deck in, used nails...

I`ll get a picture here in a bit.

Don't cut through the joists whatever ya do lol

Don't cut through the joists whatever ya do lol

I`ll clean me deck real good, but I`ll show ya me dirty deck, then me nice shinny deck, once I scrub the dirt outta the cracks, gotta keep the missus on me deck, no matter what.

• Advertisement

I've seen your deck.

Duuuuurty.

I've seen your deck.

Duuuuurty.

Oh my, how rude.

OK, here`s a before and after..

7LBODWdQUEpwpFNk

So using a circular saw would be my best option?

Like she said last night, sorry about the size..

Advertisement