Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneers whitholding rent in lieu of fees?

Options
  • 03-03-2013 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Hi! I had a house for sale that I subsequently withdrew from sale after it went sale agreed - family circustances changed very quickly and I had no other option. There were no sale costs incurred by the seller due to withdrawal from sale. There was no written contract between the auctioneer and I re sale costs. The only costs incurred by the auctioneer were myhome.ie and digital photos for same (taken by the auctioneer) and a for sale signboard outside the hosue. There was no brodhure produced for the house, and neither was there any advertisement in any newspaper for the house. The auctioneer has also not sent me an invoice for myhome.ie and photos, and signboard. I know the cost to me of putting the house on myself in myhome.ie is e180.00, and I know that other auctioneers charge around e100/e120 for a for sale signboard. HOWEVER, I have a property let with this auctioneer - they manage the property for me - and now they are withholding the rental income for this month which is e2500 and which I am depending on, as it is my main income. I have emailed them and said I would be contacting my solicitor and their governing body, if the money wasn't put into my account by close of business on Monday evening. Can they actually do this? I know they lost out on 10k re sale, but this must happen often in auctioneering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭seb65

What does your contract with them say for the letting of the house?

Tell them to send you invoice with the charges they incurred for putting the house (is it the same house?) up for sale.

Advertisement