Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: provider recommendation specifically for good data speed

Options
  • 02-03-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a smartphone in the near future and am wondering what provider to go with. Currently I have the simplest phone possible, it doesn't do much more than calls and texts and I am with Meteor because it's the cheapest option for me. I want a smartphone to do exciting things like occasionally check stuff online when I am not at home, work on documents, have the apps, you know, the usual. Maybe I should get a tablet rather than a phone - I have not entirely made up my mind yet.

The main thing I am considering right now is which provider to pick. There's no point in me getting a fancy phone so I can go online with it if it will take me ages to actually go online, because then I will never use it. I don't mind paying a bit more if I can browse nice and fast. As I understand it (correct me if I am wrong), this is partly dependent on the phone, partly on my location (I live in Galway city) and partly on the provider. So, what provider is good for data speeds? And since this is important for me, are there any specific things I should be looking for?

Advertisement