Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child benifit advice PLEASE

Options
  • 02-03-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    We are currently stuck between stuck between a rock and a hard place. My partner is currently in hospital in Dublin. She is going to be there for up to 6 months as they cant operate on her as she is 10 weeks pregnant. Anyway I am trying to find out what the story of her child benifit will be. She is due a payment this Tuesday and we really need to get it for central heating and all that for the house.
    The last time she was in hospital I called in to the post office and they gave me a form to sign and get her to sign giving me permission to collect it. I called into the this morning to get a form off them so I could bring to Dublin today to get her to sign it but they said they cant do it anymore.
    So as I said we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. What do I do? Any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Can you get it paid into the bank account?

http://www.welfare.ie/en/pdf/cb56.pdf

This seems to be the form you need to fill out to get it paid into the bank, ring them and ask if you get it paid into the bank will they be able to get this months payment into the bank.

Your partner may have to ring, not sure if they will deal with you. (I know!)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Egan2012

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Can you get it paid into the bank account?

http://www.welfare.ie/en/pdf/cb56.pdf

This seems to be the form you need to fill out to get it paid into the bank, ring them and ask if you get it paid into the bank will they be able to get this months payment into the bank.

Your partner may have to ring, not sure if they will deal with you. (I know!)

Hi there I will probably have to do that for the future. Don't know if it will sort out this months as it's due on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

the payment for Tuesday would already have issued. They should be able to withdraw the payment but that will take a couple of weeks to be re issued to the bank account. Child Benefit will only deal with the claimant and will look for a written instruction to change the payment to the bank.

Advertisement