Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

make and bake with peppa pig magazine!

Options
  • 02-03-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Anyone collecting this? i was considering subscribing to it, looks good but I've never set up a mag subscription so im afraid of getting ripped off!! anyone ever had any experience with something like this? will i actually get all the free stuff they say? i dont want 16 quid a month coming out of my account if dont get all the bits! or loads of hidden extras that i might end up paying more!!

http://www.bakewithpeppa.com/index.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

If they advertise free stuff without a * stating exclusions or conditions, then you will receive the free stuff. Do read the conditions because some subscriptions send you additional stuff automatically that you have to pay for and you have to "opt out" of it before hand. But besides that, it normally delivers what it advertises.
    I often buy little magazines and they always have some free stuff with them, often quite cheap but kids love it anyway, Im just wondering if a year of the same kind of stuff wouldn't be too much... For €16 a month you could easily have one mag a week from any shop and choose between so many different things for the little ones to try their hand at. Just a thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

God I wouldn't bother. I'd head to homestore and more and pick up a few bits and pieces and look up a few simple recipes online and just bake with your child...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SarahC11

well she's only going 2 so i was thinking i would be finished collecting the whole set by the time she is old enough to be interested in it! it looks like a nice set to have but thinking about now if it goes on for a year it will end up costing me 192 euro! i could most likely buy a similar set for no where near that price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

no need to sign up just go to you local newsagent and ask them to reserve one for you, you can cancel at any time.
    Sounds way too expensive for what you get, esp for that age tbh. A baking book and a biscuit tin full of baking stuff would do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

My mam bought my little one the 1st issue of this for 99p (so whatever it cost here). Free plate, 4 free cupcake holders & 4 toppers, a magazine with colouring etc & a cookery magazine. Wouldn't dream of buying any more issues at full price, but grand for the 1st issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I don't think id subscribe to it...but I'll definitely think about getting a couple if we see it. I used to buy the peppa magazines for the eldest...he loved the stories and the colouring so got great use out of them. We even have a few knocking around still that we read to the youngest

Advertisement