Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chivalry

Options
  • 02-03-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I seen that chivalry is on sale on green man gaming and im considering getting it it, is it good, is it worth it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's great. Love it so much.

It's strictly a multiplayer only experience though.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

Thanks ill buy it then give me a shout if you want to play

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

thanks for that just bought it myself :D been looking at a ton of videos and it seems like a really cool fun game

add me if anyone wants a game steam id: Icyseanfitz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Its brilliant even at full price its worth it . Seriously fun game

Im having problems trying to buy off of green man gaming I cant buy chivalry because the bank thinks it is a gambling website and I called the bank and they cant do anything does green man gamiing have a number

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Im having problems trying to buy off of green man gaming I cant buy chivalry because the bank thinks it is a gambling website and I called the bank and they cant do anything does green man gamiing have a number

Have you tried using Paypal or something?

Sorted it out with steam if anyone wants to play my steam username is TheShark34

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Just get it on Steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Just get it on Steam?

Isn't it €13 more expensive on Steam atm?

He got sorted anyway so it's all good

What is Rag doll length?

• Advertisement

probably the length of time the ragdoll physics stay on a dead character, probably more resource hungry the longer you have it set to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Played this back in January when it was free for a weekend. Clocked up 10 hours over 2 days (which is a lot for me)

Bought it now from GMG. Really fun game. Im not really into MP but this has me hooked. Slowly unlocking stuff in the Vanguard class. Very satisfying when you outwit someone in a 1 on 1 and finish them by lopping off their head!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

How does this compare to War of the Roses ? I picked that up a week ago and am having great fun with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

How does this compare to War of the Roses ? I picked that up a week ago and am having great fun with it :)
    Lot of people seem to really like Chivalry and there's definitely more people playing it but I prefer WotR. Played Chiv over the free weekend and found it very glitchy and not as much depth in terms of customisation.Could be different now as I think there was a big update for it.
    Picked WotR over the weekend and find it a much better game even though there's not as many game modes.Think I prefer WotR over Chiv as its a bit slower and seems more focused on strategy and team work.Saying that if there's more added to chiv will probably pick it up when it goes on sale again(seems like every 2nd weekend) ,although have been hearing great things about Mount and Blade Warband and the 200+ player battles.

If anyones wants a crazily in dept comparision of Chivalry vs WotR, check out this video:

Based on the melee combat comparison I went with getting Chivalry. It just seemed that there slightly more skill involved, better animations, and less stupid looking flailing going on.

and the game is hilarious haha, i love just running around screaming and taunting everyone, great craic, best multiplayer game ive played in a long time

Is there an option to use a custom name other than your Steam Id while playing?

Played some last night. The really good high level players are just amazing. One guy on a server I was on last night just scythed through everyone with a broad sword. Could'nt attack or defend against it. Blocking was pointless. Must pick a class and stick to it, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Gots to look at the tip of his sword.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This is the only game I got in the Steam Sale that I've been playing the last few days. It's the most fun I've had online in absolutely ages - an absolute gem of a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Hilariously fun game. Runs like a dog for an unreal engine game though. Some of the maps are borderline unplayable despite my pc being well above the recommended specs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I actually had a problem as well with the framerate until I realised I had the ragdoll setting up pretty high - CPU eater. Put it back to low and it's running perfectly again. Maybe have a look at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

I actually had a problem as well with the framerate until I realised I had the ragdoll setting up pretty high - CPU eater. Put it back to low and it's running perfectly again. Maybe have a look at that.

Looked through a dozen tweaking guides and it wasn't mentioned. Running smooth as butter now, thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its fun but it seems to be just mindless button bashing to me?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Its fun but it seems to be just mindless button bashing to me?

It so much more than that!

You have 3 basic weapon attack, stab, slash left/right and overhead.
    Each one has different characteristics and you need to choose for the situation given.

Stab has the best reach, but only hits where you are pointing.
    Overhead is very powerful but easy to dodge and leaves you vulnerable while you recover.
    The left/right slashes can sometimes get around an enemies block if he isn't look at the tip of your sword while blocking.

On top of that there is your loadout selections, which can change your role completely!

All this is combined with stamina management and group play.
    I've seen 1 good player walk through 3/4 crap players who ganged up on him but couldn't work together.

Also, ****ing archers.

It so much more than that!

You have 3 basic weapon attack, stab, slash left/right and overhead.
    Each one has different characteristics and you need to choose for the situation given.

Stab has the best reach, but only hits where you are pointing.
    Overhead is very powerful but easy to dodge and leaves you vulnerable while you recover.
    The left/right slashes can sometimes get around an enemies block if he isn't look at the tip of your sword while blocking.

On top of that there is your loadout selections, which can change your role completely!

All this is combined with stamina management and group play.
    I've seen 1 good player walk through 3/4 crap players who ganged up on him but couldn't work together.

Also, ****ing archers.

Yeah its certainly more than button mashing. I remember being in a match once with about 12 others. One guy was a using the Knight class and was cleaning up. 1v1's or in the middle of a massive scuffle he rarely died. I tried every class on him and got my ass handed to me every time. I dont think he was even that high a level. There is a real skill to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

kicking also helps to keep them away from you while you set up your attack

It staggers them too, dropping their defence leaving them open to a quick attack. Chews up stamina though.

Advertisement