Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train from Belfast to Dublin

Options
  • 02-03-2013 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am in Belfast but have to stay another day. Went to book a ticket back the next day and Irish Rail shows all the trains full except one in the morning. Went to book that but it says I have to purchase it from Translink as the journey is starting from Belfast. Translink website says you have to purchase it before 5pm the day before.

Can I purchase this ticket at Belfast Central this evening for tomorrow?

What other options (and with who) are there for getting from Belfast to Dublin (other than taxi)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Other options are Bus Eireann or Aircoach:
    http://www.aircoach.ie/media/Belfast%20120612.pdf (calls at Dublin Airport and Dublin City only)
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360752671-001.pdf (some services call at Dublin Airport and Dublin City only but majority call at Newry, Banbridge and Sprucefield)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

UDP wrote: »
    Hi,

I am in Belfast but have to stay another day. Went to book a ticket back the next day and Irish Rail shows all the trains full except one in the morning. Went to book that but it says I have to purchase it from Translink as the journey is starting from Belfast. Translink website says you have to purchase it before 5pm the day before.

Can I purchase this ticket at Belfast Central this evening for tomorrow?

What other options (and with who) are there for getting from Belfast to Dublin (other than taxi)?

Thanks.

It will only be coach G the reservation coach that will be full . You should be able to purchase a ticket at Belfast Central tonight somehow or just before travelling tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

Thanks for the replies. Went down to the train station and booked a ticket. The guy behind the counter said the trains aren't that full normally on a Sunday. Buying a one way ticket there was 28 pounds though. Luckily someone else is paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Hungerford

I travel between Dublin and Belfast relatively regularly and I have never ever encountered an entirely full train in recent years. It used to happen a bit during the Celtic Tiger period though.

Advertisement