Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Dissertation Ideas

Options
  • 02-03-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Ive been pulling my hair out over looking for a accounting dissertation topic for my undergraduate degree any help will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭labradoodlelady

Any particular subject area of greater interest to you?

Is it restricted to any area, financial reporting, tax, management accounting etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,197 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Manipulation of the perceptions of a government's indebtedness through the use of PFI/PPP; why off balance sheet structures are acceptable for governments but verboten for corporates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Reporting standards are a good one. Pick a standard and compare/contrast the effects on reporting before and after its introduction and with similar standards in other jurisdictions. Discuss whether it is achieving its objectives.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

djk1000 wrote: »
    Reporting standards are a good one. Pick a standard and compare/contrast the effects on reporting before and after its introduction and with similar standards in other jurisdictions. Discuss whether it is achieving its objectives.

I did something similar to this. I took IAS and IFRS and compares them to SSAP. It was painful, between reconciling merged ones, finding comparability and looking for research. That said I did mine in late 2008/early 2009 so there may well be more out there now. I got a C1, so nothing spectacular, but it wrecked my head and I honestly don't think there was anything else I could have done on it.

Depending on your university you can choose a topic completely unrelated to your course if you wish. If this is an option go with something there's plenty of writing to be done on.

If you want a copy of it, even to rule it out, PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

What about a sub-topic within professional ethics & corporate governance?

• Advertisement
Advertisement