Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop trade in deal

Options
  • 02-03-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

If i trade in xbox 360 games would I be able to get aPC new realease for 9 euro
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Depends on the games I guess. I traded in Fifa 13 and Madden 13 (xbox 360) today and got €46, which I then spent on a €50 Steam voucher...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I think he's referring to the trade two games in off a specific list, and get a new release for 10 euro. As long as the games are on the list, and the PC game is included on the deal, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

How much do you think ill get for these in gamestop
    Battlefield 3
    COD mw3+BO2
    Borderlands
    Prince of persia special edition

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Peanuts, to be honest. Borderlands is old now, POP:SE is old (and the special edition holds no weight because it's a DLC code I assume?). BF3 is also pretty old. MW3 and BO2 are your best bets for a return. Call them in the morning and they'll give you a value over the phone.

40 quid ish I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Not a whole lot. €15-20 at the most I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheYardStick

I traded in both Battlefield 3 and Black Ops 2 a couple of days ago. I got €15 for BF3 and €28 for BO2. I was quite happy with it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Battlefield 3
    COD mw3+BO2

the above are on the new list so if you had anither game from the list you could trade them in and get two new games for 20 quid.

Or he could trade all 3 in for 50 quid credit. Or, if he had two more games off that list, trade 5 in for 90 quid credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The 2/30 3/50 5/90 deal ended on Monday.

http://www.gamestop.ie/trademore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

would I get 90 for borderlands2 bo2, mw3 bf3 fifa 13 fallout new vegas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

would I get 90 for borderlands2 bo2, mw3 bf3 fifa 13 fallout new vegas

Its €18 for fifa, fallout prob a few euros (2 or 3 max id say) as they are selling it for €10 preowned, modern warfare about a tenner id say, borderlands might be between 15-20, and id say you might get about €30 for blops2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

what is with gamestop?!

check this out:

http://imgur.com/a/MB65C

?

mystic86 wrote: »
    what is with gamestop?!

check this out:

http://imgur.com/a/MB65C
    They charge those prices as people pay them. Think they're too expensive? Buy off amazon like I do then. Simples.

I only ever shop at gamestop now using the trade 2 games in deal. Otherwise its Cex or symths. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kiki loulou

if i sell a refurbished ipod 4Th generation 8GB with a slight smash on the top how much will i get for that??

if i sell a refurbished ipod 4Th generation 8GB with a slight smash on the top how much will i get for that??

As much as your heart desires.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hi guys how much will my phone bill be this month?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

hi guys how much will my phone bill be this month?

• Advertisement

If you want to trade in games, don't forget about the likes of Smyths too, they sometimes offer better rates than Gamestop. If you are in Dublin, it's worth checking out CEX, I've found them pretty amazing for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I was looking in Gamestop on Saturday. Trade 2 selected games and get GTA V for a tenner.

While GTA V iteself was on this list of selected games, some of the other ones seemed like u could get them cheap second hand elsewhere. I'm gonna look into it myself and see if i can grab a bargain.

If you want to trade in games, don't forget about the likes of Smyths too, they sometimes offer better rates than Gamestop. If you are in Dublin, it's worth checking out CEX, I've found them pretty amazing for it too.

I've found Smyths crap lately, they offered 20 credit for splinter cell two weeks after release, got 32 for it in Cex. Although they tell you trade-in prices over the phone, CEX does it online and you have to walk in to Gamestop and Xtravision (wherever they are left!)

It's so annoying that more places don't let you check how much trade-in you get online. A calculator would be absolutely excellent, when you want to trade in multiple games. Yes, the prices would change sometimes, but this would be easily done in a manner of seconds.

It's so annoying that more places don't let you check how much trade-in you get online. A calculator would be absolutely excellent, when you want to trade in multiple games. Yes, the prices would change sometimes, but this would be easily done in a manner of seconds.

That wouldn't get you into their shops often though would it?

Advertisement