Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take the bus to go from Parnell Square to Finglas?

Options
  • 01-03-2013 8:11pm
    Site Banned Posts: 161 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for the bus (Dublin Bus( to get from Parnell sqaure to Mellowes road in Finglas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

I'd guess anything between half an hour to an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

30mins peak time & about 20mins off peak!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

About 50 ft ;-))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

50 feet? must be one of them Bendy buses... 36 is my guess

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

i was going to say "the same length as the buses that serve the rest of Dublin".

seriously for a moment, probably 15 minutes, but at peak, longer due to no bus lanes worth mentioning until Phibsboro.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

OP use www.a-b.ie and that will help - it's the national journey planner.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

About 50 ft ;-))

Ashamed to admit that I didn't get it at first :o Had to read the title again

OP, it really depends on where in Finglas. The 140 is the quickest route and it takes about 15 to 20 mins from Finglas Village at off peak times. The 40 serves Finglas West and South but it takes forever to get on Finglas Road.

edit: Oops sorry, I didn't see the mentioning of Mellowes Road. 40D is the only bus that serves Mellowes Road but it's not frequent. The 40 goes past it and it's frequent but it takes longer to get there.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

For Mellowes road the most direct bus is the 40D.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,372 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Christy Moore was in the US and was about to board a bus when the driver said it was full and he'd have to wait for the next one. 'Will it be long?' says Christy, 'the same length as this one' says the driver. 'and will that one be driven by a stupid w***er like this one?' says Christy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭billyhead

devnull wrote: »
    For Mellowes road the most direct bus is the 40D.

Were exactly does the 40d bus depart in Parnell Street from. Is it near the Retunda or near the Ambassodor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It departs from the south side of Parnell Street, just east of O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

40d departs from outside fibbers I think

lxflyer wrote: »
    It departs from the south side of Parnell Street, just east of O'Connell Street.

Sorry if its a stupid question but I preusme the south side is not the side were the Ilac center is but the side were the junction is with Malborough street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

billyhead wrote: »
    Sorry if its a stupid question but I preusme the south side is not the side were the Ilac center is but the side were the junction is with Malborough street?

If you're walking up O'Connell Street, take a right at the Parnell Monument onto Parnell Street. The 40D terminus is the first stop you'll see, just outside the Gate Hotel.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=dublin&hl=en&ll=53.352972,-6.260582&spn=0.001972,0.005568&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=42.716829,91.230469&hnear=Dublin,+County+Dublin,+Ireland&t=m&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.352903,-6.260743&panoid=IH1solCFy3Yai8m__H8BkA&cbp=12,156.76,,0,0

Cheers:)

Advertisement