Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please recommend a good sturdy entry level usb audio interface

Options
  • 01-03-2013 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi I am looking for a usb audio interface , currently using an audiogram 3 ,id like to know if there is somthing a bit more complex out there particularly something with a knob to adjust the monitors so i can listen to effects in real time .something below 150 euro would be best , what are most people using these days ?

i will be playing loudly into it so something that wont be damaged by that (i dont know if thats possible ) would be best .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Hi barrymanilow,
    For €150 I don't think you'll get anything with a huge increase in quality. But you could certainly get something with more flexibility.

Have a look at the Mackie Onyx Blackjack or the Alesis Multimix USB. They are both good value I reckon and will have the monitor adjustment etc.

You can't damage something like this by playing loudly. They are the second link in the chain, you'd most likely break the microphone first. And you'd have a serious job even trying to do that. Unless of course your instrument is the pneumatic drill or aircraft jet engine.

Hi barrymanilow,
    For €150 I don't think you'll get anything with a huge increase in quality. But you could certainly get something with more flexibility.

Have a look at the Mackie Onyx Blackjack or the Alesis Multimix USB. They are both good value I reckon and will have the monitor adjustment etc.

You can't damage something like this by playing loudly. They are the second link in the chain, you'd most likely break the microphone first. And you'd have a serious job even trying to do that. Unless of course your instrument is the pneumatic drill or aircraft jet engine.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

I dunno - saw a guy pop a Beyer ribbon in a few minutes :)

TroutMask wrote: »
    I dunno - saw a guy pop a Beyer ribbon in a few minutes :)

Indeed but that's a microphone not a pre amp. But you knew that already didn't you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

op - novation nio might be a good option

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/general/167856/novation-nio-2-4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

thanks for your inputs , in the end I have gone with an upgrade from an audiogram 3 to an audiogram 6 as it was available to me second hand for almost half its retail price , it seems to do the job for now anyway .

Advertisement