Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers Benefit

Options
  • 01-03-2013 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Can someone help please. I'm working on a 4 hour contract and applied for jobseekers benefit to get paid for days I don't work. I got back a confusing letter to say that after means testing I was left with total weekly means rounded at "nil". So this means I was unsuccessful?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

Nil means, means you qualify for full rate. Jobseekers Benefit is not means tested, is it Jobseekers Allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 skelufc

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    Nil means, means you qualify for full rate. Jobseekers Benefit is not means tested, is it Jobseekers Allowance?
    Sorry yes jobseekers allowance. Nowhere in the letter did it say I qualified or that I would be getting any money. I'll post a photo of the letter now thanks

Hope you can read it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Looks like JSA on full rate to me. Backdated to 3rd Jan...

Looks like JSA on full rate to me. Backdated to 3rd Jan...
    Oh really? That's strange i first applied in September and have been filling out dockets since. Will i receive a cheque in the post do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 253 ✭✭theidiots

6 months or so worth of parents, im guessing around 3000-4000 if you are been paid for three days a week on 188 normal dole . I doubt you can collect that much in the post office, they'll let you know how or call into them, probably a cheque

theidiots wrote: »
    6 months or so worth of parents, im guessing around 3000-4000 if you are been paid for three days a week on 188 normal dole . I doubt you can collect that much in the post office, they'll let you know how or call into them, probably a cheque
    Wow really? Why u think that from that letter? Does it not say starting Jan 1st?

Id ring them up or call into them about that ASAP. You should be getting the back money from september when you signed on. have you collected money off them since september or were you just working the two days a week?

theidiots wrote: »
    Id ring them up or call into them about that ASAP. You should be getting the back money from september when you signed on. have you collected money off them since september or were you just working the two days a week?
    I'll have to wait until Monday now. I haven't collected anything off them. I went in and filled dockets out since September but only had my interview 3 weeks ago because I was waiting on forms. This the first I've heard

yea you should be entitled to the money since september, call into them monday and find out why your not. I think thats different welfare rates or something that was introduced on the 1st of january with the budget

• Advertisement

The letter is cnfirming that you have nil means from 1 Jan 2012. The means shoudl apply from the initial date of claim. Are there any changes to your cirsumstances since 1st Jan? E.G. birthday, moved out of home, change to parents circumstances? If there have been no changes the date on the letter could be a mistake with the date.

The letter is cnfirming that you have nil means from 1 Jan 2012. The means shoudl apply from the initial date of claim. Are there any changes to your cirsumstances since 1st Jan? E.G. birthday, moved out of home, change to parents circumstances? If there have been no changes the date on the letter could be a mistake with the date.
    No none whatsoever. They threw my case out because I was waiting on forms from England from September to January but I told them it would happen and I also accompanied my claim with a letter stating that I was waiting from a stamp on my form from England. Maybe they are refusing to backdate it

Did you specifically request backdating? If they gave you a form called a UP12 it gives you 7 days to return any outstanding documents they can close the claim outstanding documents and then they may not back date it. Providing a letter stating why you didn't provide requested documents would not betreated as a request for back dating.
    As you now have a decision from 1st Jan I would say that it the date they awared the claim from. You can send in a request for the back dating now and it could still be granted. Initially you will get the payment from January and the back dating to September will come later if allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

skelufc wrote: »
    No none whatsoever. They threw my case out because I was waiting on forms from England from September to January but I told them it would happen and I also accompanied my claim with a letter stating that I was waiting from a stamp on my form from England. Maybe they are refusing to backdate it

3 months waiting on forms from England does seem very unreasonable / unacceptable to me to be honest.

Did you specifically request backdating? If they gave you a form called a UP12 it gives you 7 days to return any outstanding documents they can close the claim outstanding documents and then they may not back date it. Providing a letter stating why you didn't provide requested documents would not betreated as a request for back dating.
    As you now have a decision from 1st Jan I would say that it the date they awared the claim from. You can send in a request for the back dating now and it could still be granted. Initially you will get the apyment from January and the back dating to September will come later.
    All a bit confusing ill admit. Thanks for all your help ill find out on Monday. Thanks again

danjo-xx wrote: »

3 months waiting on forms from England does seem very unreasonable / unacceptable to me to be honest.
    My company headquarters is England and they were really slow I sent the documents the day I got them.

Are the correct dates on the english documents?

Advertisement