Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cannon fodder

Options
  • 01-03-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

played this on dfend last nite ..great game and it has aged well..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I haven't played it since the old Snes days. My sister used to rent it, because her and her boyfriend loved it. While they were at work though, I'd get home from school and spend ages jamming on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah I used play this for hours on end back in the day. Cannon Fodder 2 was disappointing as it was ridiculously hard and like the first one had no save option. I remember getting a disk from some Amiga magazine and it had a special demo where you were playing cannon fodder on a sensible soccer pitch, I think both games were made by the same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭gymman39

yes sensible software i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Probably my favourite Amiga game and way up there on the list of my favourite games of all time.

Sensible Software made some great games - Cannon Fodder, mega Lo Mania, sensible soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

Great fun game - Only way I could finish it was with an emulator and save-states tho

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭loligo1

Sensible really were on a roll with Cannon Fodder and Sensible Soccer.

I played them both again recently. Even though Sensible Soccer was a revolutionary game at the time it hasn't aged well. It feels ridiculously easy and simplistic by todays standards. I guess it couldn't be anything else seeing as the soccer sim genre has pretty much been a juggernaut industry in itself over the last couple of decades.

However (!) Cannon Fodder still holds up. Great little game full of humour and thrills.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sensible Soccer was never about an accurate simulation of the game of soccer, it seems to have been designed to generate the sort of team fun that is to had playing soccer with mates, and at that the game is unparalleled, there are few sports titles out there to compare to the craic to be had, even now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ryan Goggs!

Advertisement