Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIT THE BILL

Options
  • 01-03-2013 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Hi

Came across this site www.fitthebill.ie for the first time the other day. It compares grocery prices across 6 Supermarkets in Ireland.

It has a blog to say that price comparisons were discontinued in Oct 2012 but that they intend to resume service in 2013.

Anyone know anything about this site ? Is it still in existance or is gone bust ?

Dak

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I was a member. It was very washy, at best.

Ireland doesn't really have the market for these kinds of sites. Believe me- I know. We're not like the UK with massive buying power, consumer input, and the like. Many people contribute to price comparison sites, but Irish people tend to be a 'hit and run' crowd. The only thing I have seen being actively updated and used is Pumps.ie. And, that's a class service.

Fit The Bill seems to be a side project from a website design firm, and never really took off. I will stand corrected, and wish them well, if the website returns, but I doubt that it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Thanks for the info . Agree Pumps.ie is a great site!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

That's a real example of a website that just works, and where people actually make the effort to update information. Granted, registration and use is still a bit all over the place, and not as easy as it could be, but the concept and implementation is excellent, especially for something that is not a commercial venture.

Crowdsourced websites work well if there is a significant benefit to the user base as a whole. Maybe Pumps should implement a system whereby you can update figures without an account. That would make things far faster, easier, and become updated more regularly.

Advertisement