Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer a taxi plate

Options
  • 01-03-2013 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    Does anyone know the new rule for buy/sell a taxi plate? Has it been stopped? I want to buy a taxi plate and attach on my 08 passat, is it still doable? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

You ought to contact the NRA about this as they are the body overseeing the taxi trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

If you buy a plate you have to put it on a car that is less than three years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

you can still buy a taxi plate ,but the car you want to put out as a taxi must [going on that today is 1/3/13 ] have been registered less than three years before the date .
    ie ......... your car is a 10 d passat but it was registered in january 2010 ........... no good
    your car is 10 d passat ,it was bought from the same garage three months later and registered in april ............. good .
    so be careful ! best bet before you commit is as another poster said and contact the NTA .

Advertisement