Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Arts Undergrad to Science Postgrad.... ?

Options
  • 01-03-2013 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I am currently in my final year of an Arts degree in Irish and Geography. I was wondering what the chances are of doing a postgrad in science? Biology would be my field of choice. I haven't done biology since Leaving Cert so I obviously wouldn't be applying for a masters. But would there be any postgrads I could do and that I would have a chance of getting on to? Or would I need to go back and do another undergrad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Depends on what you want to do with it? Is this just a general interest or do you have a specific career/role in mind that you're aiming for?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Woodward

I very much doubt any course worth doing would be willing to take you on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

I am currently in my final year of an Arts degree in Irish and Geography. I was wondering what the chances are of doing a postgrad in science? Biology would be my field of choice. I haven't done biology since Leaving Cert so I obviously wouldn't be applying for a masters. But would there be any postgrads I could do and that I would have a chance of getting on to? Or would I need to go back and do another undergrad?

Geography can be quite science rich. Rather than randomly switching fields wouldn't it be better to do a postgrad in an area of geography which is near biology. In my experience there is quite a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Sounds like you would enjoy doing Environmental Science. Lot's of biology in it and the course I did in Trinity after my degree (BA Geography from UCD) was designed for people from a mixed background. Definitely worth considering.

Advertisement