Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to mirror imac on tv thru apple tv?!

Options
  • 28-02-2013 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

i am very angry

i bought the apple tv on the premise that i could literally mirror my imac's screen on my lounge tv through my apple tv!

howeveR, the apple tv does not accomodate for this.

Is there something im missing here?

i have installed airparrot, airflick - airparrot does not play audio (audio driver error issue) and airflick only accepts format which already work on itunes.

so is there anyway of simply mirroring my screen WITH audio using my apple tv?!

i simply want a video audio mirroring device from my imac to my tv in the lounge.

thanks,
    ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I don't have a Apple TV but it seems simple. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mylt3HiqX1I

I do know it doesn't work with some apps, from comments by other guys at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Hmm, it certainly works with Macbook (via System Preferences>Display>Airplay Mirroring) but I can't speak for the iMac..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

i am very angry

i bought the apple tv on the premise that i could literally mirror my imac's screen on my lounge tv through my apple tv!

howeveR, the apple tv does not accomodate for this.

Is there something im missing here?

i have installed airparrot, airflick - airparrot does not play audio (audio driver error issue) and airflick only accepts format which already work on itunes.

so is there anyway of simply mirroring my screen WITH audio using my apple tv?!

i simply want a video audio mirroring device from my imac to my tv in the lounge.

thanks,
    ed

What OS are you running?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

What model iMac have you got? You need a newer model to be able to mirror to the Apple TV. And you must have OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).

From Apple's website,
    AirPlay Mirroring requires a second-generation Apple TV or later, and is supported on the following Mac models: iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I use Air parrot will also stream sound too
    Link http://airparrot.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Worked great for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

i am very angry

Would guess you have an older model iMac that doesn't support mirroring.
    I used iFlick on an older mac for watching movies from laptop to AppleTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Yup have a core2duo 20" imac and running 10.8 will not mirror to my appleTV. In saying that Airdrop wasn't activated either but with a bit of unix witchery I've activated it.

Advertisement