Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get into networking?

Options
  • 28-02-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

I am currently studying CCNA. I was looking around on the job websites and some of them mention CCNA as an advantage. But you need years of experience as the No.1 requirement for the position. I am aware of jobbridge but is it possible to find a paid entry level position?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Iopu wrote: »
    I am currently studying CCNA. I was looking around on the job websites and some of them mention CCNA as an advantage. But you need years of experience as the No.1 requirement for the position. I am aware of jobbridge but is it possible to find a paid entry level position?

Possible to find a paid entry level position alright but it probably wont require a CCNA, having it on a cv is one thing, using it is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

zweton wrote: »
    Possible to find a paid entry level position alright but it probably wont require a CCNA, having it on a cv is one thing, using it is another.

This, I'd go for an entry level position.
    In most cases a position like this wont have much opportunity to work on the kit / live config changes but it will teach you how day to day works, whats expected as a network engineer and what you need to focus on to get where you want to go.

Advertisement