Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comet ISON

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Eh Panstarrs is first mate , possible viewing from late next week for a few mins just after sunset. http://www.meteotimes.net/2013/02/eyes-to-skies-as-comet-panstarrs.html

But ye , not really anything good stats wise for cloud in November , would be a flip of a coin in that month . Lest just hope for clears skies first for Panstarrs! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Dynamo Roller

Ya I can't wait for that one either, like a warm up for the big show a few months later. Man, thinking about it I've lived to see Haleys, Hale Bopp and now these two. Times seem to be rich for comets the last few decades. Long may it continue :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I havent seen any of them :(... hence why im super siked for these !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The Hale Bopp comet was a most wonderful sight seen in the nightskies, we will have a comet this month but the main one is as advertised in the thread title.

Apparently it wil be so bright there is the chance it may be seen in daylight.

Anyway, Hale Bopp is the standard in terms of true spectacularness. Hopefully Ison is on a par or better.

Next week we should be able to see the comet Panstarrs.

Advertisement