Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Moy 2013

Options
  • 28-02-2013 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

I see the first salmon has been caught on the moy this year. Cant wait to get on it myself in a few weeks but can anyone tell me the prices of the different stretches for membership as im thinking of joining a few this year rather than paying for the day tickets.

Ive heard that foxford is about 100euro to join for a season if you live in a 10mile radius of the town and im wondering would all the clubs be like this. I have a house not to far from foxford on castlebar side but would also like to join a stretch in ballina.

Ive seen that theres been a new online cctv camera put up just behind the shops in foxford town so we can check the river conditions before we set off. I know theres another one to check the ridge pool. I noticed end last season that the east mayo put up signs saying they also had internet cctv but is it possible to check online for this stretch. This is where i done most of my fishing last year and would like to check before i set off for a days fishing.

Im also wondering is it possible to fish of my boat on the moy. Ive just recently got a new boat and would liek to fish of it rather than walking along the fields/banks etc.. . the reason why i ask this is because in all my years fishing the moy ive not seen one boat in the water apart from the bailiffs so im thinking it isnt aloud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

I'm not able to help OP, though I might be able to point you in the right direction. If you keep an eye on this site moyfisher.wordpress.com He will be doing daily updates on the river moy, river conditions, fish caught etc, from the middle of March. If you drop him a note on the site, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to answer all your queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭newbie2013

mayo.mick wrote: »
    I'm not able to help OP, though I might be able to point you in the right direction. If you keep an eye on this site moyfisher.wordpress.com He will be doing daily updates on the river moy, river conditions, fish caught etc, from the middle of March. If you drop him a note on the site, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to answer all your queries.

Thanks for that, ill drop him an emaill with my questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭vermin99

newbie2013 wrote: »
    I see the first salmon has been caught on the moy this year. Cant wait to get on it myself in a few weeks but can anyone tell me the prices of the different stretches for membership as im thinking of joining a few this year rather than paying for the day tickets.

Ive heard that foxford is about 100euro to join for a season if you live in a 10mile radius of the town and im wondering would all the clubs be like this. I have a house not to far from foxford on castlebar side but would also like to join a stretch in ballina.

Ive seen that theres been a new online cctv camera put up just behind the shops in foxford town so we can check the river conditions before we set off. I know theres another one to check the ridge pool. I noticed end last season that the east mayo put up signs saying they also had internet cctv but is it possible to check online for this stretch. This is where i done most of my fishing last year and would like to check before i set off for a days fishing.

Im also wondering is it possible to fish of my boat on the moy. Ive just recently got a new boat and would liek to fish of it rather than walking along the fields/banks etc.. . the reason why i ask this is because in all my years fishing the moy ive not seen one boat in the water apart from the bailiffs so im thinking it isnt aloud.

How much is a day ticket anyway ? I was wondering aswell what wiuld be the best water for mostly spinning but worm and shrimp aswell.Arnt some parts fly only ?

Advertisement