Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another possibly handy tool? Bahco 2448 Chisel Knife

Options
  • 28-02-2013 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

The Bahco 2448 Chisel Knife and its bother the Bahco 2449 Curved Blade Wrecking Knife look like handy tools where a tough blade is needed.

BAHSB2448-228x228.jpg2-013W_M.jpg

You can see most of what I would say from the info on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bahco-BAH2448-2448-Chisel-Knife/dp/B003ASVQP2 & http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bahco-2449-SB-2449-Curved-Wrecking/dp/B006XBV1EO/ but you need to handle one to see the full potential. The back of the blade is very heavy and designed to be hit so would make a good log splitter with a suitable hammer (or just another bit of wood).

I've seen the chisel version in a local hardware shop (not priced) and when I've found the best price I'll be adding one to my kit. 20 and a bit euros doesn't seem to bad.

I know there are better survival knives about and I have a good few knives but none I'd want to be using regularly in the way that this one is designed for. It could also be reground if you wanted a different shape. The weight is quite low and with other tools like a folding saw it would help make part of a handy tool kit. A chisel is just as illegal to carry around as a knife but its a bit more defendable if you are stopped carrying it as part of a tool kit.

Note to Mods> If this fits in better with a pre-existing thread then feel free to move it.

Edit> Cheers for moving the post.
    Checked price in the local hardware and the Bahco 2448 Chisel Knife is €19.99 so I'll probably go back and get it there as I don't see much to be gained buying it online.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement