Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Conflict Beta -F2P Space Shooter

Options
  • 28-02-2013 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Any players here? Tried this yesterday after I saw it had been added to steam, and it's actually quite fun, if very hectic.
    Basically, you pick your ship, add weapons/other modifiers, then queue up for a variety of PvP missions, from capturing beacons to outright killing each other. I'm probably not selling it very well here, but the combat is quite fun (even though I've spent a few missions now being obliterated), it's in the same style as the Microsoft game Freelancer, mouse to aim/fire, 3rd person view of ship etc.
    It's still in beta, and could do with a better tutorial, but the games (so far anyway) have all been short and sweet; 20 seconds queuing followed by 5 to 8 minutes of what can be intense dogfighting.. or you getting sniped from across the map. I found myself saying "just one more game" several times while playing earlier.
    Link to main website is here if you're not on steam, and my in game name is "cinverd" if anyone wants to add me. There also seems to be support for clans of some kind, though not really sure how they work yet.

Found a decent video of the gameplay online:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

tried it today, good fun.... game matching is atrocious though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

BigEejit wrote: »
    tried it today, good fun.... game matching is atrocious though

have to agree on both counts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Been playing this a fair bit lately, few matches every day and has proven to be good fun. I do love the frigate based combat in it.

Advertisement