Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42% off in Guineys

Options
  • 28-02-2013 3:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭

Applies to lots of stock, but not all I don't think.

See stock it applies to http://michaelguineys.ie/sale.html

Not sure if it's instore also, presume it is. Saw it on their facebook page

The Russell Hobbs cooking stuff and the 600GSM towels look like a steal

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Thought they went under a while back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭ameliadad

welkin wrote: »
    Thought they went under a while back.
    No, it was a different company with the same name, a small shop in Dublin, called "Guiney & Co.". The more well known "Guineys" is still in business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

just ordered some stuff. thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

lol, thanks for posting.

Just spent €52! (had to get free shipping!)

7xTGGF2.jpg

lol, thanks for posting.

7xTGGF2.jpg

no worries, nice shopping list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I need some help with this. Guineys the better known one, I guess bought clearys some years ago, clearys went bust but not this guineys. Now the guineys imitators is gone bust but not the better known one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I need some help with this. Guineys the better known one, I guess bought clearys some years ago, clearys went bust but not this guineys. Now the guineys imitators is gone bust but not the better known one.
    Who cares though. The one in this thread (8 shops) is still trading and was not affected by the recent liquidation.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Clerys was bought by Michael Guiney way back when, he also had his own shop round the corner from Clerys. In that Guineys he basivcally used to sell knock off from what he had in Clerys, Clerys on a budget essentially. The Guineys of this thread is of no connection whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

niallon wrote: »
    Clerys was bought by Michael Guiney way back when, he also had his own shop round the corner from Clerys. In that Guineys he basivcally used to sell knock off from what he had in Clerys, Clerys on a budget essentially. The Guineys of this thread is of no connection whatsoever.
    Just a coincidence that it is called Michael Guineys, then?

Not your ornery onager

ugggh, I have no idea now. I used to think I knew what the story was with that company, but now I'm more confused than ever. The one I'm most familiar with (big orange sign) is still open anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

gah they used to do leinster gear... hoping itd be on sale... alas... no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

ordered some venetian blinds from them last thursday night bought 5 in total qualified for free delivery got them tuesday morning all perfect great value cost me €67 for the five a local company in Roscommon wanted €90 for the 2 smallest ones, great service and price thx OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

niallon wrote: »

Michael Guiney never had anything to do with Clery's, that was Denis Guiney. He also owned the Guiney and Co. shop on the corner of Gardiner St and Talbot St, which is the one that closed last year.
    Michael Guiney's main shop is on Nth Earl St, opposite Boyers and is the one mentioned in this thread, there are two other branches in Talbot St, it is the one with the orange logo. Hope this finally sorts the matter out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

bmaxi wrote: »

Michael Guiney never had anything to do with Clery's, that was Denis Guiney. He also owned the Guiney and Co. shop on the corner of Gardiner St and Talbot St, which is the one that closed last year.
    Michael Guiney's main shop is on Nth Earl St, opposite Boyers and is the one mentioned in this thread, there are two other branches in Talbot St, it is the one with the orange logo. Hope this finally sorts the matter out.

That's the one! Worked for Clerys years ago and got all of this during the interview, forgot which Guiney was which though! Denis bought Clerys, spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭jacool

lol, thanks for posting.

7xTGGF2.jpg

only went for the Mediums in the boxers! ;)

Advertisement