Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Wave Bootcamp (RTE fridays)

Options
  • 28-02-2013 2:20pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone watched it? First 3 episodes are on the RTE player.

Only watched first episode, was a bit of a cringefest but enjoyable enough all the same though I'm surprised some of them only seem to be beginners. Hadn't realised Ken Bradshaw was involved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone watched it? First 3 episodes are on the RTE player.

Only watched first episode, was a bit of a cringefest but enjoyable enough all the same though I'm surprised some of them only seem to be beginners. Hadn't realised Ken Bradshaw was involved.

It was the same with the other RTE show last summer where the Irish teenagers went to Florida to train in 'the most difficult lifeguard course in the world'. There was a few of them who could barely swim 100 yards. The requirements to enter must be very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

I watched the first and couldn't watch no more. I was shocked at the lack of skills when you think of the dept of talent now coming rhrough in this country. This really could have been a big stepping stone for some young chargers. Just seems a shame.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, really is a wasted opportunity when you consider the level of some of the young surfers around the country. That Melodie one is pretty good though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

There's 3 of them that have a level of surfing, not sure how the rest of them got on it. Not insulting them but I would say those 3 are more than likely going to get to the final, seems the most obvious conclusion. I thought it was up and coming Irish surfers getting ready for the massive stuff...

anyway, great experience for them, the cave swimming and swimming across the reef looked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Daniel Mcglynn

The show was to focus on 8 irish surfers, Get better under the hawain conditions , i practicley just roled out of my bed hoped on a plane and took it in my stride as every chalenge came the rest where well up for the bootcamp unreal holiday for me , hope ye liked the show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Jaysus folks, ye are like guitarists. How many guitarists does it take to change a lightbulb? 10. 1 to change it, and 9 to say "not bad , but I could have done better." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

The show was to focus on 8 irish surfers, Get better under the hawain conditions , i practicley just roled out of my bed hoped on a plane and took it in my stride as every chalenge came the rest where well up for the bootcamp unreal holiday for me , hope ye liked the show

Fair play man, ye're funny feckers - Looked like a great holiday and a great opportunity to surf with the likes of Ken Bradshaw. Were there other groups from other countries there also? I got the impression that every time Bradshaw called ye the Irish Team that there were other groups there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Daniel Mcglynn

Just us 8 , nobody else he kept calling us irish team for the novalty of the TV show , pluss i think it was in his script to adress us as Irish team , Brilliant experiance i quit smokeing Fitness improved So i got huge bonus out of the Bootcamp show starts in 5 mins new episode , RTE 2

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

seachto7 wrote: »
    Jaysus folks, ye are like guitarists. How many guitarists does it take to change a lightbulb? 10. 1 to change it, and 9 to say "not bad , but I could have done better." :)

Ah now I never said I could do better, you wouldn't see mee running the length of the beach and then doing a 400m swim thats for sure :P Just the show wasn't what I expected more than anything.
    Just us 8 , nobody else he kept calling us irish team for the novalty of the TV show , pluss i think it was in his script to adress us as Irish team , Brilliant experiance i quit smokeing Fitness improved So i got huge bonus out of the Bootcamp show starts in 5 mins new episode , RTE 2

Fair play to you, have you kept up the surfing much since you got back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

arra, I'm only taking the mickey...

• Advertisement
Advertisement