Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 and Windows Media Center

Options
  • 28-02-2013 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

I tried setting up the above last night to connect the laptop to the xbox wirelessly and use WMC to stream video and music from the laptop to the Xbox.

I got the 8 digit code and put it in the WMC on the laptop only to be told it couldnt find the extender, and asked if I wanted to look at the help online for a solution but I couldnt see any easy solution to this. Anyone any ideas what could be stopping it from working, could it be a firewall or something.

Or would it be better to use TVersity, if so is this hard to set up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

donalg1 wrote: »
    I tried setting up the above last night to connect the laptop to the xbox wirelessly and use WMC to stream video and music from the laptop to the Xbox.

I got the 8 digit code and put it in the WMC on the laptop only to be told it couldnt find the extender, and asked if I wanted to look at the help online for a solution but I couldnt see any easy solution to this. Anyone any ideas what could be stopping it from working, could it be a firewall or something.

Or would it be better to use TVersity, if so is this hard to set up.

Are you with UPC using a cisco EPC2425 router by chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Are you with UPC using a cisco EPC2425 router by chance?

No im with Vodafone and was previously with Eircom and still using the Eircom Router.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

Did you get this sorted? I'm having the same problem.

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hi Folks,

I did a bit of a guide for getting this working back in the day

http://bit.ly/XOqTni

But if you are using the eircom zyxel modem I would not bother, I had one for ages before I joined UPC but it never worked for me, in the end I bought a new netgear dsl modem and it did the trick

Let me know how ye get on

Advertisement