Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which oil boiler?

Options
  • 28-02-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to get a new oil boiler. My current Firebird one is toast. The heat exchanger is leaking water like a seive. Poor welding job caused rust led to the leak apparently according to a plumber.

Anyhoo, I think the Grant Vortex is supposed to be the best on the go at the moment.
    Is it worth it or is there a cheaper yet (almost) as good boiler out there that is highly recommended?
    I live in a standard 1300 sq ft house so what model/output should I be looking for?

What sort of money am I looking at to get the thing fitted too?

Thanks all.
    P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Pique wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to get a new oil boiler. My current Firebird one is toast. The heat exchanger is leaking water like a seive. Poor welding job caused rust led to the leak apparently according to a plumber.

Anyhoo, I think the Grant Vortex is supposed to be the best on the go at the moment.
    Is it worth it or is there a cheaper yet (almost) as good boiler out there that is highly recommended?
    I live in a standard 1300 sq ft house so what model/output should I be looking for?

What sort of money am I looking at to get the thing fitted too?

Thanks all.
    P.
    I'd stick with the grant to be honest. There the best and there's feck all in price difference. I'd recommend you get a powerflush to your system before you install the new boiler and put in zone heating and controls if not already in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

Grant vortex are hard to beat IMO
    you would be looking at a 50-90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Grant Vortex all the way.
    Get the 26kw as it can be range rated to 5 different outputs from 15kw to 26kw to suit you exact installation. Your installer should calculate the exact demand including the cylinder.
    For warranty conditions & better performance, make sure the system is powerflushed before the changeover.

Advertisement