Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sirefef.gen!C Malware Trojan.

Options
  • 28-02-2013 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭

So yeah just last night as I was opening Google Chrome some warning message came up saying my computer was infected by the virus in the thread title above....as you do, I did some research and it turns out that it's spreading around fast with the last few weeks/days and that it is pretty damn dangerous.

I installed Malwarebytes, scanned and removed anything identified but now this morning I'm still getting the warning message on Chrome sometimes...sometimes there'll be no warning but other times I'll get the exact same one.

How can I get rid of this virus? I've noticed my laptop is slowing down already. Took ages for the desktop icons to appear and internet pages aren't loading as quickly as normal...

So yeah, where from here?

Cheers...

Comments

Advertisement