Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series 10 Minifigures

Options
  • 28-02-2013 2:14am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here's a sneak preview of the Series 10 minifigures:

f0c5a49fa184af9414052c7a430914.jpg

They look interesting - I like the sea captain, Roman soldier, Village person mechanic and painter.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm a bit mixed on these - some great, some poor. It's better than Series 8 which was a poor showing IMO, but not as good as the fantastic Series 9. There are a few things which we've seen before - looks like another variation of a Roman soldier, another aboriginal warrior-type, and another pissed off female warrior. This is the third clown too, but this one I really like. I love the face of the sky diver, and I love mythological creatures so Medusa is a must-have for me.

Personally I think having the 17th "golden minifigure" is a real dick move on the part of TLG. The whole point about the CMF line is that it has a "collect them all" thing going on, but now they're going to make it impossible for all but a reported 5,000 collectors to actually achieve that. Honestly, it's like they want to encourage scalping with some of the decisions they make sometimes - loyal collectors will probably have to pay in the hundreds on eBay to actually complete their collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

When are they expected to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

I like the sea captain, baseball dude and the clown

I love the paintballing guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

^^ I think I read April somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Love the old guy and clown. The rest are okay. Hate the idea of the Golden minifig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Awesome! barring the blonde, the bee and the pierrot I'll be looking for pretty much all of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm, I still need good few minifigs from series 9 :(. I don't collect series to complete, I just want to have minifigs I like. Last series has some really really cool minifigs and I am finding hard time to see something I like in here...

I wonder will there be even chance of getting gold minifig randomly. I bet all of the bags will be "touched" before those will even go on the shop shelfs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Series 10 Minifigs now avaialble in Smyths Dublin city centre store. I bought the George Washington/U.S. Revolutionary soldier one today.:)

They're in gold bags - and of course the question on everyone's lips is: who will find a Mr Gold?:D

Punters on eBay are already offering €1,000+ for the rare Mr Gold minifig. :-/

Who ever will pay that money for it is an idiot.

I might pick up a few bags now and then. The only reason I picked up few series 9 was chicken suit guy. Series 10 does not even have interesting mini figs for me. Then again I am not a minifig collector at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Punters on eBay are already offering €1,000+ for the rare Mr Gold minifig. :-/

I bought mine for €879 it was a steal! fools paying €1000 for theirs!

you can buy them for what now an Ebay? damn........

• Advertisement

The "motorbike" mechanic minifig looks like he came right out of the Village People - YMCA!!:D

I like the Sea Captain best - the seagull is cool IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Got the sky diving guy, the regal looking soldier, the clown and the paint baller last week :-) went through all bags trying to feel for mr gold and no sign! Say it'll be next to impossible!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all!

First time viever, first time poster. Apologies for bringing down the tone of the thread, and perhaps the forum in general, but...

fcuk you Mr. Gold, fcuk you.

In all seriousness, my gf completed her set of 16 on holidays (2 euro per bag in Krakow) and found out that Mr. Gold is limited to 5000 pieces.

Most retailers are going to search for the figure and so it'll never be found on the shelf. A joke of a move and I feel sorry for the people who have been collecting these figures.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all!

First time viever, first time poster. Apologies for bringing down the tone of the thread, and perhaps the forum in general, but...

fcuk you Mr. Gold, fcuk you.

In all seriousness, my gf completed her set of 16 on holidays (2 euro per bag in Krakow) and found out that Mr. Gold is limited to 5000 pieces.

Most retailers are going to search for the figure and so it'll never be found on the shelf. A joke of a move and I feel sorry for the people who have been collecting these figures.

Well, there was post in another forum. Wheres fella was going through few boxes in a store and could not find Mr. Gold. After he finished member of staf came to him and said: I have already checked all those boxes.

Got the painter/decorator minifig on Friday. Chuffed - he's one of the best from series 10 IMO. Love his little bucket and roller brush!:):D

Lego+minifigures+series+10+Decorator.jpg

Got the Sea Captain today - IMO the best of the Series 10 minifigs excepting the elusive (and frankly over-hyped) Mr Gold.

Loving the seagull piece!:)

Advertisement