Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI

Options
  • 28-02-2013 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Has anyone sat the ATI accountancy technicians course? Just how hard are the exams. Am not putting in the study time due to duties and the exams are just around the corner, getting the head down now but fearing am I a tad bit to late, nerves are setting in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

Hi Zooa. I finished the course in 2011. I found some of the exams very difficult. Law and Business Management are quite predictable and it was just a matter of learning off the material. For Financial accounting and Taxation I was definitely glad of a lot of practise with the templates, layouts etc. The Autumn exams are generally much worse so worth getting them first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 zooa

Thanks Jem123
    Did you do the knowledge points or a they just a new thing since you done ATI, The lectures aren't that good, only one of them is good at explaining. Its alot of work/study & I often wonder what I got myself into:rolleyes: Did you look through pass papers & perdict what would come up (hence like the leaving cert) or did you cover everything?
    Thanks so much for your reply.

The knowledge point came in after I had finished. I went to all the lectures and a lot of the weekend seminars in UCD.The Financial accounting and Taxation seminars were really helpful but it all depends on who you get. I did cover everything but the lecturers had a pretty good idea of what would come up as the course had changed the year before I started.

If you have a flick through the past papers you will see a couple of things that come up all the time.

If you learn the templates off for accounting and tax that's a really good start!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 zooa

Thanks so much Jem123 for sharing your experience. Its out with the books lols

zooa wrote: »
    Thanks so much Jem123 for sharing your experience. Its out with the books lols
    No problem. If you have any more questions just ask! Good luck :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement