Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone to programme drum tracks?

Options
  • 27-02-2013 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Wondering if someone could potentially help me out in the next month or so. I'm putting together some rough demos in order to present to potential musicians and/or someone to produce an EP if the songs are good enough. The plan would be to present these ideas then rerecord them in a studio all going well.

I have always worked with bands so this process is new in terms of getting the rough demos together without a band.

I will be able to record guitars and bass and was going to use a drum plugin for drum ideas. However the drum plugin I have has basic beats and fills.

I am wondering if anyone on here who is well used to drum plugins might like to get involved and record some drums that would be a little more "tasty". Maybe try and incorporate some kind of feel or odd beat for the sake of the demo.

I would pay of course.

I'm going to track the guitars over the next few weeks.

Some drum reference points would be Sonic Youth or Soundgarden. Well anything really.If they turn out to be electro drums so be it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Radiosurfer

I work with a lot of drum machines and drum programming. It's all electronic so if that's a conversation you'd like to have then PM me. I've got some of the all time classic drum machines so we're not just talking samples or software here. I'm also open to working within budgets as I do when I'm mixing and mastering for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Sounds interesting - do you have links to any of your music?

I'm a drummer with a Pro Tools set up at home. I play a Roland vKit & use it to trigger sounds in Superior Drummer. Can also use percussive samples/loops, so it's a pretty versatile set up & might really suit what you're after.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

seachto7 wrote: »
    Hi all

Wondering if someone could potentially help me out in the next month or so. I'm putting together some rough demos in order to present to potential musicians and/or someone to produce an EP if the songs are good enough. The plan would be to present these ideas then rerecord them in a studio all going well.

I have always worked with bands so this process is new in terms of getting the rough demos together without a band.

I will be able to record guitars and bass and was going to use a drum plugin for drum ideas. However the drum plugin I have has basic beats and fills.

I am wondering if anyone on here who is well used to drum plugins might like to get involved and record some drums that would be a little more "tasty". Maybe try and incorporate some kind of feel or odd beat for the sake of the demo.

I would pay of course.

I'm going to track the guitars over the next few weeks.

Some drum reference points would be Sonic Youth or Soundgarden. Well anything really.If they turn out to be electro drums so be it...

get addictive drums!!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Rob Humanoid

If it's something that you think you'd be using again the future, you should get your hands on 'Superior Drummer' from Toon Track. it's hands down the best drum module out there. I had Addictive Drums and sold it... It's quite good, but SD blows it away in terms of quality.

I'm in a similar position, that is, I record material and then have to lay down a drum track, but my drum programming skills are very rudimentary. If you have SD, and purchase a few midi packs - basically you have a top class drummer at your disposal. It's then a simple matter of dragging and dropping the midi file into your DAW's arrangement.

If that's a route you'd like to take, have a gander on ebay, as it's A LOT cheaper than buying it from them. I've only ever bought midi packs from their site tbh, but I got a very good deal on ebay.

Have a listen to the player and it will give you an idea:

http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=156

Advertisement