Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas - Car Park at Stillorgan

Options
  • 27-02-2013 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hey there - can anyone give me an idea of the set up for the car park at the Luas in Stillorgan (the one across from Aldi), I've driven by it a few times and can't see where the paying machines are - I need to park in there tomorrow evening for a few hours, and don't want to look like a complete glonk trying to find the pay machine, equally don't want to end up clamped!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭markpb

The machines are on the Luas platforms. You need to type your bay number into the machine when paying but I don't think it issues a ticket. Worth mentioning that you're only allowed to park in the Luas P&R if you have a Luas ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

as in I have to go to the machine, buy my ticket into town and then buy a parking ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭markpb

I don't think the ticket machine checks that you have a Luas ticket, I'm not sure if it's enforced at all in fact. If you're taking the Luas, you're in the clear anyway.

that's great - thanks, might give them a buzz in the morning, don't fancy walking around a car park on my lonesome in the dark tomorrow night........:o

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

There are 2 different machines, one for parking, one for Luas tkts. When you are using the parking ones, you just enter in the bay number but note the keyboards can be a bit funny. it will give you a paper tkt, you don't need to put it on the car, it's basically a receipt and proof you've paid if there ever was a dispute. €4 for the day,

You'll have to go to the Luas tkt machine on the platform to get a Luas tkt

• Advertisement

super stuff - thanks so much!

Advertisement