Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower door for bath.

Options
  • 27-02-2013 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hello,

Looking for a bit of advice have to replace the shower so I am going to do the shower screen too. I Have a flat ledge bath with a single panel screen fitted. Pain in the hole always leaks. By all accounts a folding door or multi panel screen is better i have heard ? Is this correct and Which would best suit my needs any recommendations.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

This might make no sense but the reason it leaks is the screen needs to be moved in to the inside edge of the bath so the water cannot run down its length and over the side.

A double screen will make no difference.

I am very aware of this problem. Most customers think your fitting the screen wrong till you point out the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭the roo

That does make sense thanks joey . Will probably fit a folding Door for convenice in washing the kids in the bath. Same rule applies I presume . Do i place it on the edge or just inside the bath edge ? Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Yes the same rule applies but be careful that the folding door has a slight support on the lip of the bath so its weight does not pull it out of the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

My opinion is that the flat ledge of your bath on the bath screen side is now tilting slightly to the outside of the bath.This then causes water to stay lodged on the bath ledge which will always leak through the bath screen seal.
    If you put a small level on the bath ledge you can check if this is a possible cause. The ledge should fall very slightly to the inside of the bath and not let water lodge on the bath ledge.

Advertisement