Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI grant

Options
  • 27-02-2013 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

i got a letter from susi saying that I wasn't eligible to get my grant. That weas fine I planned to drop out and my mom said to re-appeal so I did. I was in contact with SUSI asking about my circumstances regarding my grant and they informed me that I would be getting the grant for a further four years regardless of me dropping out of my previous level seven course. I thought perfect so I continued with the re appeal and stayed in college for another 6 weeks where I was once again told no I wasn't getting my grant.

I was told by workers in the SUSI who said they spoke to their supervisor about me dropping out on two different occassions giving them a full account on my grant. Surely this is unacceptable as my father had to pay over three months rent and fund college expenses in the mean time whilst I could have just dropped out in December and started a fas course etc.

What should i do? Any advice would be grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'm sorry but you'll have to be a little clearer about what happened, I'm having trouble following your post.

You were told you were ineligible. Why were you ineligible?

On what grounds did you appeal the original decision?

Who told you that you would receive the grant for four years? was it when you rang the helpdesk or did you receive a letter saying so?

What level of course are you currently in?

What courses did you do before, what levels were they, in what years did you do them and precisely how long did you attend these courses?

Did you receive an award for any of these courses?

Advertisement