Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venicci Prams

Options
  • 27-02-2013 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Has anyone ever bought a Venicci pram. They look great on the websites i have seen them on such as PramsWorld.ie, but i cannot find a review on them. If you have one or know someone who has one i'd appreciate a little feedback. I'm looking to buy a pram for a newborn. At prices ranging from €320 + for the better models these look like an affordable option but i'm worried about the lack of information available on them.

Also, has anyone used Pramsworld.ie, they are based in cork but seem to do all business online. Anyone had any problems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

I've the same issue here Spictreacy but for the Duo Comfort Twin Stroller. So if any one knows any thing about PramsWorld.ie and has ordered from them before I'd be thankful if you'd share. Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Spictreacy

I sent the guy there a message and he rang me back within an hour or so, told me I could come down and view the prams if i wanted and then order it online. He's based in blarney which is a 2 hour drive for me, i was hoping to get some feedback before i made the journey but time is ticking, if you get me. I have someone living near by who said they'd pop in for me to look at the pram but that is only half the issue. I'd like to know there is good customer care there in case anything goes wrong and also i'd love someone who owns a Venicci to tell me they are as good as they look.
    This is all very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ocy

one thing I would say about testing parms is, pushing a newborn is one thing, but the new born soon turns into a 2.stone toddler which impacts on handling of pram and with a double if you end up with two toddles in it can be over 4 stone plus weight of buggy, recommend borrowing toddler or two to test:) if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Spictreacy wrote: »
    I sent the guy there a message and he rang me back within an hour or so, told me I could come down and view the prams if i wanted and then order it online. He's based in blarney which is a 2 hour drive for me, i was hoping to get some feedback before i made the journey but time is ticking, if you get me. I have someone living near by who said they'd pop in for me to look at the pram but that is only half the issue. I'd like to know there is good customer care there in case anything goes wrong and also i'd love someone who owns a Venicci to tell me they are as good as they look.
    This is all very frustrating.

Did you use pramsworld. Ie in the end? I don't know whether to trust their amazing deals or not?

emszyylou wrote: »
    Did you use pramsworld. Ie in the end? I don't know whether to trust their amazing deals or not?

I ended up buying a second hand Silvercross from adverts. My brother was living near this guy in cork around the time I was looking so he called into him to look at the prams for me. He said your man was very helpful and that the prams looked very good. Sorry I can't be more helpful I remember finding it very difficult to find information about these prams myself.

Good luck with everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Sorry to dig up old thread... Spictreacy, did you end up getting the Venicci? We're thinking of ordering it too, and wondering if there was any new updated feedback on it.

No I didn't, like i said in my previous post, I got a second hand pram from Adverts. My brother called into the guy at pramsworld and said the vinicci prams looked very good. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck

Sorry, didn't realise it was your post update on the pram. Thanks for the update!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Gatica wrote: »
    Sorry to dig up old thread... Spictreacy, did you end up getting the Venicci? We're thinking of ordering it too, and wondering if there was any new updated feedback on it.

Snap :D

We're thinking of ordering one too. They look good and price ain't bad either. Granted there was no baby in it when we "test drove" it but its easy to handle, things clip in and out easy, and it folds up neatly.

good thinking! :) Yeah, thought it was easy enough to fold and lighter than others to lift. Plus we're thinking we'll use the carrycot for daytime napping early on. Will also need adapters for Maxi Cosi car seat or similar. All4Baby was having a sale on them awhile back, not sure if still on... fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Picked up our Venicci pram last week. so far so good, looks nice and still feels nice.. will need to test out the mattress covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Picked up our Venicci pram last week. so far so good, looks nice and still feels nice.. will need to test out the mattress covers.

Snap :) I have no reference point to compare it against but it's a nice looking, sturdy pram and very easy to clip in/out and fold down/up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I was looking at this pram too, but read a few reviews which said the material of the carrycot is poor quality and didn't last them. Any opinions on that?

Also, is the carrycot suitable for baby to sleep in?

It's not night-time sleep certified so wouldn't recommend it but I'm planning on using it during the day instead of moses basket as would like to do "baby-wearing" the rest of the time and she'll be in and out of it with feeding etc... anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 l1nk3rr

Hi Gatica - sorry to open old thread - just wondering how you found the Venicci system? Really like it but finding reviews hard to come across!

l1nk3rr wrote: »
    Hi Gatica - sorry to open old thread - just wondering how you found the Venicci system? Really like it but finding reviews hard to come across!

don't have another to compare against, but really happy with it. Use it every day.

Found the car seat adapters are a little fiddly, but I got a different car seat from the travel system. The carry cot is good so far and we've used the adjustable mattress head height as she gets reflux and prefers head a little higher. We did get a Moses basket in the end though, as the carry cot didn't fit well into the Moses basket stand and it was too much hassle bringing it in and out of the car/house. The only down side with their carry cot is that the structure isn't rigid, so the sides start to collapse down when you lift it out if the buggy onto a table. e.g. uppababy carry cot keeps its shape.

Should mention that the wheels and suspension are great and probably its best feature. The underneath basket a little harder to get into when using carry cot rather than the car seat. I've also made good use of its cup holder ðŸ˜

Only the seat attachment, wheel covers and mosquito net unused as yet.

Advertisement