Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Assistance

Options
  • 27-02-2013 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi , just wondering is anyone else in the same boat as myself. I applied for the SUSI postgraduate grant and found out last month that I was only getting the 2000 contribution fee. I appealed the decision and was informed today that this has been rejected. I still owe 3275 euro to my college, who have informed me this needs to be paid immediately.

I have tryed to take out a loan but was rejected as my dad is currently unemployed and cannot act as guarantor. This to me is just stupidity, I have a part time job at the weekend and would be able to make weekly repayments myself.

Anyway now I am in a situation where I have to pay my fees but have no money to do so :( I just feel awful, I will be finished college in a month and just find myself feeling so deflated, if I can't pay my fees I won't be graduating.

Does anyone have any ideas of where I could get a loan to help fund my fees.... I have no credit union account so am unable to ask them , I just don't know what I am going to do. Any suggestions would be welcome !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The only thing I can think of is the student assistance fund but I am not sure if it covers fees

Also in some emergency cases the St Vincent de Paul can help

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement