Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing a PDF file

Options
  • 27-02-2013 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Maybe some could give me a little help with this.

I have a pdf. document which i need to print 2 pages per sheet, that's easy, no problem there, I can do that.

Problem is I'm not always the one printing the document so I would like to save it to automatically print 2 pages per sheet. If I change the printer setting and re-save the document it changes all of my pdf documents to this setting, which is not helpfully as I have a lot of forms in .pdf format so that they cannot be editted by the staff but all require different printer setting, ie. 2 pages per sheet or printing both side etc.

I've google and google until my eyes have gone googlie cannot seem to find out if this is even possible, any got any ideas??

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So you want this one document to always print with 2 pages per sheet, but not all PDF documents?

What you can do is print it to a new PDF file. This is the same process you might use to create a PDF out of a Word document or Excel file. On the settings for printing the new PDF file you just specify to create it 2 pages per sheet, and it will create a new PDF document with 2 pages per sheet.

When you then print this new document normally (i.e. one page per sheet) and it will come out with two pages on each sheet.

If you don't have a PDF printer (it usually comes with Adobe Pro), there are loads of free ones you can download.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

Thanks Seamus, I'll give that a shot.

So that works a treat, but the PDF maker I downloaded puts a big 'unregistered' water mark over the document. Any suggestions for a free PDF makers which doesn't do that?

Thanks for you help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Take your pick:

Best Free PDF Writer

Warning: be careful with PDFCreator, it will install a browser toolbar, even if you deselect this "feature", you'll need to uninstall it manually.

I'd recommend Bullzip or DoPDF.

Thanks Torqay, I used the DoPDF and that works a treat. I am one happy bunny today :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement