Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling my iPhone - how much is it worth?

Options
  • 27-02-2013 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

cat_dog wrote: »
    How much would a black iPhone 3gs 32gb be worth? I bought it in 2010. It's in excellent condition, works perfectly and only one tiny scratch on the back. Thanks

Check Adverts for a guide price, looks like they are selling for about €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bring it into CEX, they'll give you €217 for it http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SAPPIPH3GS32GBUNLB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I think you'd be lucky to get more than €100 tbh. I just bought a 16gb 4S in great nick from someone I know for €100, plus a 1 week old Galaxy Mini I bought fro €69 as a temporary phone. It was a genuine sale, but locked to emobile/meteor, which my wife happens to be on, so suited me fine. Her nokia was on the blink, otherwise I wouldn't have paid so much, but thats just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭mcw92

goz83 wrote: »
    I think you'd be lucky to get more than €100 tbh. I just bought a 16gb 4S in great nick from someone I know for €100, plus a 1 week old Galaxy Mini I bought fro €69 as a temporary phone. It was a genuine sale, but locked to emobile/meteor, which my wife happens to be on, so suited me fine. Her nokia was on the blink, otherwise I wouldn't have paid so much, but thats just me.

100€ for a 4S ? :eek:

mcw92 wrote: »
    100€ for a 4S ? :eek:

€100 + a brand new galaxy mini I paid €69 for only a few days ago. So you could call it €150

• Advertisement

If you bought it from someone you know they were doing you a favour and let it go for much less than the market value.

The favour was the other way round. Cash was needed and I conveniently had cash handy and a wife needing a new phone. Her upgrade is not til may.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭jamesd

16gb 4s is worth €300 ish.
    16gb 4 is about €200 to €250 if unlocked.
    16gb 3GS about 120€ to €150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Bring it into CEX, they'll give you €217 for it http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SAPPIPH3GS32GBUNLB

Has anybody actually sold a phone to them? What are they like to deal with? I'm considering changing phone, would love a hassle free sale of my iPhone 4. It's in very good condition so could get close to 250 on adverts, but would prefer a hassle free sale ;)

They're basically an electronic pawn shop. I sold a 3GS to them just over a year ago, very easy transaction. They examine and test the phone which can take a couple of hours and then grade it depending of the cosmetic condition so you could should get €250 or so. You need ID and proof of address to open an account with them that will allow you to sell/trade stuff .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

BDJW wrote: »
    Has anybody actually sold a phone to them? What are they like to deal with? I'm considering changing phone, would love a hassle free sale of my iPhone 4. It's in very good condition so could get close to 250 on adverts, but would prefer a hassle free sale ;)

I sold an iPhone 4, 16gb, unlocked in perfect condition for €300 a couple of weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

I sold an iPhone 4, 16gb, unlocked in perfect condition for €300 a couple of weeks ago.

Through that shop? Or through adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I'd a 16gb 3GS on adverts for €80 and only got time wasters last week.
    I'd image a 32gb €100-€150 condition depending

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

BDJW wrote: »
    Through that shop? Or through adverts?

Adverts. Lots of timewasters though.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Adverts. Lots of timewasters though.

Often the time wasters are the sellers :eek:

I asked about a car alarm and the seller never even replied to me. Wasn't cheap either; remote start viper alarm.

OP: let us know where you sell and what you get in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

goz83 wrote: »
    OP: let us know where you sell and what you get in the end.

I sold it on Adverts for €120

Advertisement