Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 month old not pulling up.

Options
  • 27-02-2013 7:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

My youngest son is 10.5 months old and is nit pulling up or crusing yet. My first son was 8 months doing these. He is sitting up and kind of pushing himself around but won't crawl because every time you put him on him stomach he goes mad. If you try and stand him his legs just flops, should we be worried, should he see a physical therapist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Nope my daughter never cruised at all just started walking at 18 months and my son was like your first, cruising at 9 months walking by 11. I wouldn't worry as long as other aspects of development are normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Nope my daughter never cruised at all just started walking at 18 months and my son was like your first, cruising at 9 months walking by 11. I wouldn't worry as long as other aspects of development are normal.
    Just got up and started to walk, out of nowhere like? Wow. Yea I think other aspects are normal, must check though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Yep over the course of a week. I wouldn't worry too much they'll walk when they want to.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Yep over the course of a week. I wouldn't worry too much they'll walk when they want to.

Everybody says that but you can’t help but worry lol, he had a difficult birth as well and it always makes me wonder is there going to be any long term effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

I understand your worry, I was the same. But I agree with bad2dabone, they're all different. My little one was a bright, bubbly baba but had no interest in cruising or pulling herself up. Then, just after her first birthday she started walking. From not even standing to taking three or four steps (holding my hands) in the one day. I wouldn't think there was any need to see a physical therapist about it to be honest.

In fact mine never seemed interested in trying to sit up, crawl etc. I used to get worried because she seemed a bit behind the others her age, but then she did all those things on her own and really well...just a tiny bit later than other kids. I mean, she seemed to skip the 'trying' stage, she just did it, albeit a little bit later than other kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

My Lo is 10.5 months too and she's not walking or furniture cruising either. She's sitting no prob good strong back, and will push herself BACKWARDS yes backwards only on the floor. She can stand and bounce her legs but will stop once you let go. She's only learnt today how to roll back once she rolls over.
    They all diff. I apparently bum shuffled then walked, never crawled. But my God she can sure move, albeit backwards haha

My Lo is 10.5 months too and she's not walking or furniture cruising either. She's sitting no prob good strong back, and will push herself BACKWARDS yes backwards only on the floor. She can stand and bounce her legs but will stop once you let go. She's only learnt today how to roll back once she rolls over.
    They all diff. I apparently bum shuffled then walked, never crawled. But my God she can sure move, albeit backwards haha

My lad does the exact same, pushes himself backwards on thefloor. The thing that worries me the most is his leg strength though, they justseem to flop when pressure is applied.

Advertisement